Monday, December 12, 2011

Pottery Barn-Inspired Picture Frames Ornaments {for $1}


Hi friend! I hope you are enjoying the holiday season~  I want to share with you my all-time favorite ornaments: Pottery Barn Inspired Picture Frame Ornaments. I made these a few years ago and they are every one's favorites in our family.





 I loved the frame ornaments every year in the Pottery Barn catalog, so I decided to make my own version.  I frame one picture from each Christmas to hang on the tree.  It is so fun to get them out each year and laugh and reminisce about bygone holidays. In addition to being pretty tree adornments, this project makes for a great family tradition.  Best of all- it's cheap and easy! You can do it in a few hours for as little as $1 per ornament!

Pottery Barn-Inspired 
Picture Frame Ornament Tutorial

Supplies

  • Small frames ( 4 x 6 or smaller- search dollar stores, craft stores or make your own from wood trim pieces)
  • Screw eye per frame ( found at any hardware store or even Wal-Mart))
  • Spray paint ( if you want to change the color of your frames)
  • Ribbon to hang frames with
  • Small photos to fill your frames ( I like black and white photos for this project)
I found my little ornate square frames at Dollar Tree a few years ago and had most of the other supplies on hand. 


Directions

1. Put a screw eye in the top of the frame  ( I recommend wood or plastic frames). I can't lie, this took a bit of muscle to get the screw eye into the plastic frame- wood is the easiest material for this project.
2. Spray paint the frame and the screw eye ( take the glass out of your frame first)
Use a program like Picasa or Photoshop to re-size and print your favorite Christmas photos to fit your frames (I like to print the year on the photo too)



Thread some festive ribbon through the screw eye and tie it on the tree!



I am linking up this project to  Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style and these great blogs.

5 comments:

  1. A great alternative to a picture frame to display Christmas photos during the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I might still have time to make them as gifts too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one is truly awesome! As the concept and features of those frames are massively looking great. This one is authentically looking one of the unique feature for the extreme home decor. Thanks for sharing.

    picture framing

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great alternative to a picture frame to display Christmas photos during the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice collection! You may find more amazing & beautiful inspiration for Custom Ornaments Photo at Ornaments by Elves.

    ReplyDelete